- About the Green Circle
- Plan a Visit
- Green Circle Events
- Contact Us
Etiquette for Trail Users
- Stay on the trail.
- Tread gently when the trail is muddy so as not to damage the trail.
- On park trails, report downed trees or washed out bridges to the City of Winchester (540-667-1815).
- Share the trail – cyclists yield to all other trail users.
- Approach and pass other trail users with care – yield to all other trail users. When approaching from behind, announce yourself so you do not startle other trail users. Reduce speed in order to pass safely.
- Approach blind curves with caution – assume someone is coming in the other direction.
- Be a positive reflection of the local cycling community.
- Stay to the right of the trail – pass on the left.
- When hiking/jogging with a dog, obey posted lease regulations. Other trail users may be frightened by your dog and be unsure how to pass safely.
- Move to the right to allow faster users to pass. Announce your intention to pass other trail users, and reduce speed in order to pass safely. Pass on the left.
City Code Provision
While traveling on the Old Town Mall, cyclists must walk their bike instead of ride as stated in the City of Winchester City Code.
The Win-Fred MPO Bicycle &Pedestrian Mobility Plan provides a coordinated and strategic approach to the development of a transportation system that accommodates and encourages walking and bicycling throughout the region. The plan identifies a network of walking and bicycling facilities to improve non-motorized access for residents and visitors. Facility design guidelines and policy and program recommendations are provided to support and encourage bicycling and walking.